Friday, June 22, 2012

Three Days Away

And the final countdown 'o fun begins... three (well, two and a half, technically) days until I begin the crazy flight agenda that will eventually get me to Kampala, Uganda. It's definitely becoming more real now. Bags are packed (one more than intended), mostly, and the duplex I have called my humble abode the past year has been all but cleared and painted. The loathing for moving that most people have was never instilled in me, but it is always a bit of a weird feeling taking down the pictures and doing the deep clean that I inevitably wait to do until the last possible minute. I will sincerely miss Amy (and her dog, Bodey), who have been great roomies the past year (except when Bodey runs away on me), and even Lee (honorary roomie and current full time tenant), who has done more than his fair share of cleanin' and hearin' my tone deaf shower singin'. Still, a new adventure and chapter in my life awaits and I am excited to experience it.
I do absolutely LOVE Wisconsin summers, though, so in the nearly two weeks I've had since school has been out, a few of the highlights can be seen in the pics below.
Madison Marathon-ish (long story)
"Classy" Bachelorette Party
FRIENDSHIP Badgerettes couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay at Union South.


Being on the flip side: SWAT volunteer coordinator for the Ragnar Relay, exchange 30 manager with a 1:30am - 5:00pm shift - organized chaos including lots of pancakes and perspiration:)

Easily the best onesy, ever!

10 Year High School Reunion and former JET participants: Cheeeeezu!

My fabulous 8th grade House on "promotion" day; I'll miss you guys!

The new, Mrs. Casey Becker... you'll always be "Dobbs" to me, though:)

Father's Day Take One

Father's Day Take Two

Gots to squeeze in some Jazz In The Park! JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound rock my world, as does my former roomie, Amanda!

Three (well, two and a half) days to paint, rehearse this whole officiating a wedding thing, dance my ass off at Eddie Butts, marry two of my bestest friends (Chris and Karly soon to be Perras), and hug and love my family one more time before being Uganda bound!!! A-woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment